    anybody suggest a tool/method?

    Thanks in advance.

    Julian

    Julian Zhang, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Julian Zhang

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:55:40 +0800, "Julian Zhang"
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Hi, all.
    >
    > I'm programming in C and have trouble in tracing an ugly memory
    > access bug. I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 under Windows 2000. Can
    > anybody suggest a tool/method?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Julian

    I am sure somebody in one of Microsoft's support groups in the
    news:microsoft.public.vc.* family of groups can. This is off-topic
    here.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Julian Zhang

    Johan Lindh Guest

    Julian Zhang wrote:

    > Hi, all.
    >
    > I'm programming in C and have trouble in tracing an ugly memory
    > access bug. I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 under Windows 2000. Can
    > anybody suggest a tool/method?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Julian

    <OT> Boundschecker. </OT>

    Johan Lindh, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Julian Zhang wrote:

    > I'm programming in C
    > and have trouble in tracing an ugly memory access bug.

    Don't use pointers unless absolutely necessary.

    > I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 under Windows 2000.

    Well that's part of the problem right there.

    > Can anybody suggest a tool/method?

    I used Google

    http://www.google.com/

    to search for

    +"purify" +"Windows"

    and I found lots of stuff including Rational PurifyPlus

    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/purifyplus/

    E. Robert Tisdale, Jan 20, 2004