Boxed eCommerce Sites

Tobin Harris

Hi there,

I've been looking at the out-of-the-box eCommerce sites recently. We're
hoping to save some time and money by using an existing product as a
starting point. My clients needs are quite advanced, so we don't think the
IBuySpy starter kit is mature enough (although we may be wrong). We're not
afraid of developing our own features etc, it would just be nice to get the
best head start!

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with the commercial/open
source stores out there? The ones that seem to be most "prominent" are:

- AbleCommerce (www.ablecommerce.com)
- StoreFront (http://www.storefront.net/solutions/itpros/features.asp)

Features we're interested include:

- Pre-built support for popular payment gateways (PROTX, PayPal, WorldPay
etc)
- Stock Level Tracking
- Integration with Popular Shipping Systems such as UPS
- Multi-Currency/Language Options

We're doing our own research, but it would be nice to hear some horror or
success stories from developers who've already been there.

Thanks

Tobin