Brazilian Portuguese Ruby Book

Justin Bailey

------=_Part_10501_1177107.1143309956099

For some reason that is just too cool. I wish I could read it :(

Here's to strong sales!

Hi there!

I released a Brazilian Portuguese Ruby book, hope that
it helps spreading the language. :)
Here is the publisher's book URL:

http://www.brasport.com.br/index.php?Escolha=3D8&Livro=3DL00187

It's my first book and it's on pre-order right now,
will be released next April 5 (and April 6 is my
birthday, wow!). :)

Best regards,

----------------------------
Eust=E1quio "TaQ" Rangel
(e-mail address removed)
http://beam.to/taq
Usu=E1rio GNU/Linux no. 224050

------=_Part_10501_1177107.1143309956099--

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

At said:
I released a Brazilian Portuguese Ruby book, hope that it helps
spreading the language. :)

Added to http://rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyBookList

I think I should clean up that page a bit but I'd prefer to do that
under my real name. Up to now that fails - I always end up with some
strange message about UserID 111 :-|

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

At Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:28:31 +0900,
Eustaquio said:
=20
Hi Josef!
=20
=20
I checked there but did not found it, so I edited the
page, thanks for the tip! :)

This is really alien. When I visit the page I

a) see my addition and
b) don't see yours

Could anybody else please check this page as well?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--=20
50=B040'8"N/7=B09'58"E =3D 50=B040.1333'N/7=B09.9667'E =3D 50.668889=B0/7.1=
66111=B0
Link of the day:
IS: Current status of German c.l.r FAQ rewrite

Logan Capaldo

At Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:28:31 +0900,

This is really alien. When I visit the page I

a) see my addition and
b) don't see yours

Could anybody else please check this page as well?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--=20
50=B040'8"N/7=B09'58"E =3D 50=B040.1333'N/7=B09.9667'E =3D = 50.668889=B0/7.166111=B0
Link of the day:
IS: Current status of German c.l.r FAQ rewrite

One of you is probably in the spam tarpit=

Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira J

This is really alien. When I visit the page I
=20
a) see my addition and
b) don't see yours
Weird!

One of you is probably in the spam tarpit

Ouch! And I keep seeing my changes and not the Josef's.

Jim Weirich

Logan said:
One of you is probably in the spam tarpit

At least one person editing the RubyBookList page is using
dsl.telesp.net.br as an IP provider.

At some point in the past, someone from dsl.telesp.net.br spammed the
Ruby Garden Home page and earned an explicit entry in the ban list.
I've reviewed the log and it seems that there is no recent spam from
that IP provider, so I'll remove it from the ban list.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If anyone else is having strange problems
with stuff mysteriously disappearing, you too might be stuck in the
tarpit. In most cases, setting up an explicit user name in the
preferences link at the bottom of each page is enough to escape the
tarpit. In some cases where you are unlucky enough to share an IP
provider with a spammer, you might be in the explicit ban list. In that
case, feel free to contact me with any questions.

So, is the tarpit working? Just some stats over the last month:

Number of legit wiki updates: 222
Number of spam attacks: 704

So, the spam attacks are still over 3 times the legit traffic.
Fortunately, most of the attacks are directed to the tarpit. I've spent
very little time lately doing any wiki cleanup and it looks as few
others have either. The tarpit seems to be doing its job.

Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira J

Hi Jim.
At least one person editing the RubyBookList page is
using=20
dsl.telesp.net.br as an IP provider.

Me. :)
=20
I've reviewed the log and it seems that there is no
recent spam from=20
that IP provider, so I'll remove it from the ban
list.

Seems that they are with more control about some
spammers right now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem. :)
=20