Breadcrumb Navigation bar

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DBdealer via DotNetMonster.com, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. DBdealer via DotNetMonster.com, Sep 8, 2006

  2. DBdealer via DotNetMonster.com

    Kris Guest

    I had designed a breeadcrumb in my previous project based on the URL.
    If your site is structered well, you parse the URL and render out the
    default page of each level.

    For example if URL is
    www.test.com/Market/Business/Brand.aspx
    Breadcrumb renders it as
    Home->Market->Business

    Hope this help you.

    Best regards,
    Krishna
    http://www.bitlasworld.com/

    Kris, Sep 8, 2006

  3. DBdealer via DotNetMonster.com

    clintonG Guest

    The ASP.NET 2.0 SiteMapPath is used to generate breadcrumb navigation. Get
    into it by starting with this search term...

    breadcrumb site:msdn2.microsoft.com

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    MAP 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W : 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W

    clintonG, Sep 8, 2006
  4. Actually I'm using ASP.net 1.1.....so I don't get that control, I have to
    create it manually....I'm being able to trace the previous page and split it
    up into several parts as

    'tracks the referrer url------>http://serverpath/username/page name
    strUser = Request.UrlReferrer.ToString

    'separate the string------> http://serverpath/username
    str1 = strUser.Substring(0, strUser.LastIndexOf("/"))

    'separate the "serverpath"------>http://serverpath
    str2 = str1.Substring(0, str1.LastIndexOf("/"))
    Session("serverpath") = str2

    'separate the page name -------->/page name
    tot_len = Len(strUser)
    str3 = strUser.Substring(Len(str1) + 1, Len(strUser) - Len(str1))

    Now the logic is to memorize this page name with an appropriate tag in a
    some thing (array, stack.......or may be in the DB) My question is how to
    performe this? Please help

    DBdealer via DotNetMonster.com, Sep 11, 2006