Break Database Large record

Guest

Hello,

I'm working on a Articles Website.There are many Article categories.when
user click on a particular category he/she will got lots of article records,
i want to show only 2 to 3 lines of articles and place a Read more link when
user click on that he/she get full article, how can i do it, i'm using
ASP.NET and MS-Access as a Database

Record will show like that,

Title: Business Website Content Copyright Violation Scare
Descripton: It seems everyone who has a website is worried about having
their copyright violated by web content thieves. But are web content
copyright violations really such a big problem? True, web content theft has
the potential to destroy the web completely if taken to extremes. What would
be the point... [read more]

Guest

I would build a user control to display the article. You can build this to
look like your example. I would then build the Access query to populate the
article using the LEFT function on your description field like this:

SELECT Articles.Title, LEFT(Articles.Description,10)
FROM Articles;

The read more link would open another page (i'm assuming) and there might be
another user control that uses a full query instead of the one above.

Is this what you were needing?