    future release of Ruby, IMHO.)

    Thanks!

    Ken.
    Ken Hilton, May 11, 2004

  2. Ken Hilton

    Martin Weber Guest

    On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:53:53AM +0900, Ken Hilton wrote:
    > (...) Is there a way in Ruby to cause program being run -rdebug
    > to manually issue a break so as to return control to the debugger at the
    > point I need it? (...)

    Finally a(nother) good use for a continuation :)

    -Martin
    Martin Weber, May 11, 2004

  3. Ken Hilton

    Ken Hilton Guest

    Ok, clue me in. What pray-tell is a "continuation"??? :)

    Ken.

    Ken Hilton, May 11, 2004
  4. Ken Hilton wrote:

    >Ok, clue me in. What pray-tell is a "continuation"??? :)
    >
    >Ken.
    >
    >"Martin Weber" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:53:53AM +0900, Ken Hilton wrote:
    >>

    >>>(...) Is there a way in Ruby to cause program being run -rdebug
    >>>to manually issue a break so as to return control to the debugger at the
    >>>point I need it? (...)
    >>>

    >>Finally a(nother) good use for a continuation :)
    >>
    >>-Martin

    This was recently discussed on this mailing list. If you search the
    archives for "what is borges?" then you'll find some usefull links to
    discussions about continuations

    HTH

    --
    Mark Sparshatt
    Mark Sparshatt, May 11, 2004
  5. Ken Hilton

    Ken Hilton Guest

    More precisely, break points set in certain constructs fail to be triggered,
    e.g., a block attached to a method call, or break point set on a line in a
    file that's required but has yet to loaded via its require '' statement.
    Hope that helps.

    Ken.

    Ken Hilton, May 11, 2004
  6. Ken Hilton

    Ken Hilton Guest

    Can you please elaborate? The docs on continuation/callcc are pretty
    opaque.

    Thx,

    Ken Hilton, May 13, 2004