Breaking out of frames

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Offbreed, Apr 15, 2006.

  1. Offbreed

    Offbreed Guest

    Specific problem: Some sites have a title section across the top and a
    menu section down the left, leaving a section in the lower right for
    viewing some variable content. That lower right section is often much
    smaller than I like. (I have to, no options, use 800 by 600 in order to
    make the text large enough to read. Changing screen resolution is NOT,
    repeat NOT, an option.)

    The usual method I use to get that section out of the frame so it is
    big enough to read without zig zagging all over the place is to right
    click on the menu and "open in new window", getting rid of the frame
    instead of simply changing what's in the menu.

    Some sites have right click disabled for one silly reason or another.
    (As if anyone wanting to copy what they have cannot copy the file out
    of the cache.)

    I'm looking for something like "resize enable" (allows resizing when
    "maximize" is disabled) to break the variable content out of the frame,
    to recover the ability to right click on a menu item, or some way to
    change the size of the frames, seeing as how too many web designers are
    inconsiderate asses.

    Offbreed, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Offbreed

    Guest

    Offbreed wrote:
    > Specific problem: Some sites have a title section across the top and a
    > menu section down the left, leaving a section in the lower right for
    > viewing some variable content. That lower right section is often much
    > smaller than I like. (I have to, no options, use 800 by 600 in order to
    > make the text large enough to read. Changing screen resolution is NOT,
    > repeat NOT, an option.)
    >
    > The usual method I use to get that section out of the frame so it is
    > big enough to read without zig zagging all over the place is to right
    > click on the menu and "open in new window", getting rid of the frame
    > instead of simply changing what's in the menu.
    >
    > Some sites have right click disabled for one silly reason or another.
    > (As if anyone wanting to copy what they have cannot copy the file out
    > of the cache.)
    >
    > I'm looking for something like "resize enable" (allows resizing when
    > "maximize" is disabled) to break the variable content out of the frame,
    > to recover the ability to right click on a menu item, or some way to
    > change the size of the frames, seeing as how too many web designers are
    > inconsiderate asses.

    Not quite sure that you're asking this in the right NG, but anyway...

    Are you using Internet Explorer? Because if you switched to Firefox,
    you'd gain almost complete control over all of the problems that you
    mention.

    Cheers,

    AGw.

    , Apr 15, 2006

  3. Offbreed

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Offbreed wrote:

    > The usual method I use to get that section out of the frame so it is
    > big enough to read without zig zagging all over the place is to right
    > click on the menu and "open in new window", getting rid of the frame
    > instead of simply changing what's in the menu.
    >
    > Some sites have right click disabled for one silly reason or another.

    Use a decent browser.

    In Opera, for example, you can right click on a frame and choose
    "Frame">"Open" to break it out of the frameset.

    And the right click can't be disabled.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Offbreed

    Offbreed Guest

    wrote:

    > Not quite sure that you're asking this in the right NG, but anyway...
    >
    > Are you using Internet Explorer? Because if you switched to Firefox,
    > you'd gain almost complete control over all of the problems that you
    > mention.

    I asked in several ng's, as I was uncertain which would be best.

    I am using Firefox. How would I go about breaking out?

    Offbreed, Apr 16, 2006
  5. Offbreed

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Offbreed" <>
    vouchsafed:

    > Specific problem: Some sites have a title section across the top and a
    > menu section down the left, leaving a section in the lower right for
    > viewing some variable content. That lower right section is often much
    > smaller than I like. (I have to, no options, use 800 by 600 in order to
    > make the text large enough to read. Changing screen resolution is NOT,
    > repeat NOT, an option.)
    >
    > The usual method I use to get that section out of the frame so it is
    > big enough to read without zig zagging all over the place is to right
    > click on the menu and "open in new window", getting rid of the frame
    > instead of simply changing what's in the menu.
    >
    > Some sites have right click disabled for one silly reason or another.
    > (As if anyone wanting to copy what they have cannot copy the file out
    > of the cache.)
    >
    > I'm looking for something like "resize enable" (allows resizing when
    > "maximize" is disabled) to break the variable content out of the frame,
    > to recover the ability to right click on a menu item, or some way to
    > change the size of the frames, seeing as how too many web designers are
    > inconsiderate asses.

    Some browsers have the option to disable right click disabling, but if you
    disable javascript, that will also do it.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.

    Neredbojias, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Offbreed

    Noozer Guest

    "Neredbojias" <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote in
    message news:Xns97A6DA64EB71Ehttpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251...
    > To further the education of mankind, "Offbreed" <>
    > vouchsafed:
    >
    >> Specific problem: Some sites have a title section across the top and a
    >> menu section down the left, leaving a section in the lower right for
    >> viewing some variable content. That lower right section is often much
    >> smaller than I like. (I have to, no options, use 800 by 600 in order to
    >> make the text large enough to read. Changing screen resolution is NOT,
    >> repeat NOT, an option.)
    >>
    >> The usual method I use to get that section out of the frame so it is
    >> big enough to read without zig zagging all over the place is to right
    >> click on the menu and "open in new window", getting rid of the frame
    >> instead of simply changing what's in the menu.

    Shift-Click

    Noozer, Apr 16, 2006
  7. Offbreed

    Offbreed Guest