Breakpoint in Application_BeginRequest is hit several times for each request.

Rahul

I am using Application_BeginRequest function in my Global.ascx file and
I have a breakpoint set over there.

I have a master page and and one of the content of the master page
pints to default.aspx. In this aspx file I load the user Control ,
thats it.

But when i start the web site then I see the page execution goes thru
easliy , but after load control happens the Application_Beginrequest is
called again and again atleast 10 - 15 times till the ascx page is
renedered. Then again if there is a hyperlink in the ascx and it loads
the page again , I would expect that to call application_beginRequest
once , but again it calls 10 to 15 times.

I dont know why thats happening.

Also I getting Context.cache.Get funciont to see whether the dataset
exist if not then get from teh database and insert into the cache.But
to my surprise once i stop the application and restart it the cache
object is still alive.

How's that possible.

Please share your thoughts with me.

Thanks