Breakpoint not allowed in JS code

Ofer Zelig

I set a breakpoing at a certain line in a JS file, and get a small
exclamation icon which its tooltip says "The breakpoint will not currently
be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document".

Basic data:
ASP.NET 2005 project (last official release)
Debug compilation mode
Problem arises both under IIS mode and under File mode (cassini)
Full privilege (administrator...)
Breakpoint works fine in CS code. The error mentioned appears only in JS
files of the project.

Note: It did work until last week. I don't know "what happened" in the last
few days that made it not to work.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Ofer

Eliyahu Goldin

Ofer,

Check your browser settings, if script debugging is allowed.

Eliyahu

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Ofer,

I agree with Eliyahu that you can check the IE browser's setting. And for
vs 2005, the clientscript debugging ability is the same with vs 2003 which
is controlled by both the vs ide and browser setting. Here is the web
article and ms kb mentioned this:

#How to debug client-side script in Visual Basic .NET or in Visual Basic
2005
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317699/en-us

#Debugging Javascript (Atlas, Ajax)...
http://weblogs.asp.net/rchartier/archive/2005/10/06/426799.aspx