Breakpoints are not getting hit

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by MSK, May 7, 2006.

  1. MSK

    MSK Guest

    Dear all,

    Continued to my earlier mail regarding "Breaking points are not getting
    hit in ASP.NET " ,
    I got some idea from net. Can anyone give me more idea on this?

    Just to remind the issue:

    1. I got the following error while executing a newly created a web
    application (just sample app)
    ["Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
    web server"]
    (Some what I can avoid this error: change Project
    properties-->Configuration-->Debugging-->Enable SQL debugging - TRUE)

    2. The break points are not getting hit

    I got an idea from net to change the ASP.NET version in IIS for this
    specific application.

    1. I have the following Microsoft.NET Framework version in my laptop

    1) V1.0.3705
    2) V1.1.4322
    3) V2.0.5727 (Recently installed)

    I checked the ASP.NET version of the application, it shows V2.0.5727
    and I changed the ASP.NET version in
    IIS-->Web sites-->Default websites--<Project> -->Properties-->Asp.NET
    version as V1.1.4322,

    then I could execute the application without the above-mentioned error
    and the break points are also getting hit.

    1. What was the mistake?

    If I create a new web app, the ASP.NET version will be 2.0.5727, I am
    getting the same error, and then I need to change the version.

    2. How to avoid this?

    Many Thanks

    Regards
    MSK.