    I sincerely hope that it is just an April Fool’s bad joke.

    --
    Joao Rodrigues (J.R.)
    J.R., Apr 1, 2011

  2. On Apr 1, 5:12 pm, "J.R." <> wrote:
    > I almost had a sheer heart attack whilst reading this outrageous article:
    > "Brendan Eich Redesigns JavaScript to Look Like jQuery":
    > <http://clubajax.org/brendan-eich-redesigns-javascript-to-look-like-jq...>
    >
    > I sincerely hope that it is just an April Fool’s bad joke.

    Hilarious, especially the single line of code running off the page.
    Michael Haufe (\TNO\), Apr 2, 2011

  3. J.R. wrote:

    > I almost had a sheer heart attack whilst reading this outrageous article:
    > "Brendan Eich Redesigns JavaScript to Look Like jQuery":
    > <http://clubajax.org/brendan-eich-redesigns-javascript-to-look-like
    > jquery/>
    >
    > I sincerely hope that it is just an April Fool’s bad joke.

    Oh, no, it is all true! And they have also found out that the Moon mostly
    consists of green cheese; Roquefort, especially. That is why they cancelled
    the Lunar Base project: Hungry astronauts – especially Swiss ones – would be
    ultimately detrimental to the stability of Earth's axial tilt.

    HTH

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Apr 2, 2011
  4. J.R.

    J.R. Guest

    On 02/04/2011 12:35, Stefan Weiss wrote:
    > On 02/04/11 00:12, J.R. wrote:
    >> I almost had a sheer heart attack whilst reading this outrageous article:
    >> "Brendan Eich Redesigns JavaScript to Look Like jQuery":
    >> <http://clubajax.org/brendan-eich-redesigns-javascript-to-look-like-jquery/>

    > I'm glad he's finally coming clean about all the SNAFUs in this language.
    >
    > | Mr. Eich responded to a question about the future of ECMAScript
    > | Harmony. “Are you kidding me? Nobody understands how instances inherit
    > | from a prototype… you think they will understand create? We’ve tried
    > | to educate developers for years on how scope works… there’s no way in
    > | hell I’m going through that again with let. And don’t even get me
    > | started on closures. Damn. Closures even make my head hurt! Did you
    > | ever see that article on Jibbering? That sum-bitch reads like science
    > | fiction.â€
    >
    > So Brendan Eich reads the cljs FAQ... interesting.

    Yeah! I've noticed it too.

    >> I sincerely hope that it is just an April Fool’s bad joke.

    > Whatever gave you that idea? Just because the article is tagged "April
    > Fools" doesn't mean it's not real. And Brendan Eich always wears a
    > pirate hat.

    Well, I'm worried about Mr. Eich has hired Mr. Resig (Dr. Evil) to work
    to Mozilla. It's an evident sign that we are near the end of the
    [JavaScript] world; something like 2012 (Mayan calendar) is getting
    closer... The prophecy says: The accelerating growth of JQuery is a sign
    that the end is very close.

    > In other related news, one thing that has increasingly been causing
    > problems for jQuery users is that the magic dollar sign is used by so
    > many other libraries. (In a recent project, I was using only a few of
    > them - jQuery, Prototype, MooTools, and Scriptacuolus - on the same
    > page, and ran into all kinds of problems.) But that's about to change,
    > because jQuery is switching to the €() function, which is seen by many
    > as more stable. European scripters are rejoicing, except for the
    > Norwegians, who are feeling left out and suggest Ø() for øre instead.
    > We're expecting comments from the British scripting community any minute
    > now.

    Saddam Hussein attempted to trade oil in €, and he was hanged for such a
    profanity. Then, I'd strongly suggest to the Norwegian people and the EU
    to avoid that outrageous idea altogether.
    The Brits are traditional allies to the U.S., so I wouldn’t bother with
    them trying to impose their royal £() function.

    --
    Joao Rodrigues (J.R.)
    J.R., Apr 3, 2011