Brent Ashley's JavaScript remote scripting (JSRS)

PiedmontBiz

I am looking for ways to do interactive web pages with python as a backend.

I ran across serveral articles on Brent Ashley's JavaScript remote scripting
(JSRS) locateded at http://www.ashleyit.com/rs/

This package allows a client web browser to transfer data to and from the
server without loading reloading pages.... as I understand it. The resulting
"application" would be have like a desktop application.

I downloaded and am now studying the code.
There are no demos with a web page calling a python script but I am going to
whip something up soon.

Anyone with any experience with this? Does it really work? Any caveats?

Thanks

allen

Bob Ippolito

I am looking for ways to do interactive web pages with python as a backend.

I ran across serveral articles on Brent Ashley's JavaScript remote scripting
(JSRS) locateded at http://www.ashleyit.com/rs/

This package allows a client web browser to transfer data to and from the
server without loading reloading pages.... as I understand it. The resulting
"application" would be have like a desktop application.

I downloaded and am now studying the code.
There are no demos with a web page calling a python script but I am going to
whip something up soon.

Anyone with any experience with this? Does it really work? Any caveats?

There is something like this in Twisted called LivePage.. and a newer
version in Nevow called Evil something or another :) I don't believe
either has the kind of compatibility matrix that JSRS does, though.

The biggest caveat really is that it's now a javascript application,
not a web page, and not all browsers are created equally.

-bob