Brilliant Billy...just brilliant...(ASP.Net Debugging)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Zamdrist, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Zamdrist

    Zamdrist Guest

    After much gnashing of teeth and pull of hair (mine and others)...the
    last piece to the myterious puzzle that is ASP.Net debugging, and
    getting it to work is:

    <drum roll please>

    The case sensativity of <customErrors mode="Off" />...

    Absolutely brilliant...MSDN documentation not only fails to mention
    this minor detail, it even prvides and example using "off"...which does
    not work.

    ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/cpgenref/html/gnconcustomerrorselement.htm

    Nice Q&A there Billy.

    Inexplicably, also...I only get intuitive error messages when I uncheck
    (yes, uncheck) ASP.Net Debugging in the Project Properties.

    Please excuse my sarcasm. Getting debugging to work in ASP.Net has been
    a trial and a half.
    Zamdrist, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Zamdrist

    sloan Guest

    Not to be a butt, but XML is case sensitive.

    So ... case sensitivity is inferred, because a config file is a fancied up
    xml file.

    I agree they might point this out, but whenever I use Xml, I am always
    case-careful.

    Now, if their documentation has it wrong (the case), then, yeah, that's
    different.

    sloan, Feb 1, 2006

  3. Zamdrist

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Zamdrist" <> wrote in message

    > Absolutely brilliant...MSDN documentation not only fails to mention
    > this minor detail, it even prvides and example using "off"...which does
    > not work.

    Yes - that's an error in MSDN
    Mark Rae, Feb 1, 2006
  4. Zamdrist

    Zamdrist Guest

    BUTT! :)

    Yes, that does appear to be the case (pun?). Probably should have been
    something I thought of before posting my ranting diatribe...but alas
    I've fuddled with getting debugging to work properly for awhile now. In
    any event...I tried many things, and am going back and trying to
    'break' debugging...actually learn something from this mess.

    Thank you Solan & Mark

    Zamdrist, Feb 1, 2006