Bringing foreign letters to textarea

dalei

I like to make foreign letters to appear in the textarea. For
instance, when typing the letter 'a' on the keyboard, the Japanese
letter &#+12449; would appear in the textarea.

Could somebody insert a simple code in following program? I will
follow suit from there.

body { font-family:arial;}
textarea { font-family:"lucida sans unicode"; }
</head>

Type in following area:
<form name='myform'>
<textarea name='mytext' rows='15' cols='60'>

</textarea>
</form>

The form is in:
www.pinyinology.com/keys/aform.html

Thanks.

RobG

dalei said:
I like to make foreign letters to appear in the textarea. For
instance, when typing the letter 'a' on the keyboard, the Japanese
letter &#+12449; would appear in the textarea.

Could somebody insert a simple code in following program? I will
follow suit from there.

The scripting part is relatively simple, it probably requires a 'keyup'
event to re-map characters. To get the information you require, ask
this in an HTML forum to find out about displaying characters in a
textarea element.

You are probably better changing your subject to 'Writing Japanese
characters in a textarea', since the concept of 'foreign letters' has no
useful meaning in this context.

[...]