Brinkster Form Mailer Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sparky Arbuckle, Feb 27, 2005.

  1. I've tried the two following Send_Email sub routines on Brinkster. No
    luck getting either to work. Could someone that has experience with
    Brinkster please let me know what is going on? I've gotten the form to
    submit but get an error that says:

    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server rejected one or
    more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 ...

    Please help! I must have this up by Sunday night. I've already e-mailed
    Customer Support about the mail relay factor. I'm up for anything at
    this point. A little aside, I've changed mail.mydomain.com to the
    actual IP address of my SMTP server but didn't want to broadcast that
    information to the world.

    Sub Send_Email(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)

    Dim oMessage As New System.Web.Mail.MailMessage()
    oMessage.To = ""
    oMessage.From = ""
    oMessage.Subject = "Testing 1-2-3"
    oMessage.Body = "asdf 1-2-3!"
    oMessage.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing")
    = 2
    oMessage.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver")
    = "mail.mydomain.com"
    oMessage.Fields.Item'oMessage.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate")
    = 1
    System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.mydomain.com"
    Try
    System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(oMessage)
    Response.Write("Email sent!")
    Catch Ex As Exception
    Response.Write("Unable to send mail! " & Ex.Message)
    End Try

    END Sub

    Sub Send_Email(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)

    Dim mail As New MailMessage()
    mail.To = ""
    mail.From = ""
    mail.Subject = "Testing 1-2-3"
    mail.Body = "asdf 1-2-3"
    SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.mydomain.com"
    SmtpMail.Send(mail)

    END Sub
    Sparky Arbuckle, Feb 27, 2005