broad question about how to display data from sql server

Jesse

Hi,

I have a number of different fields in sql server, one of which is an ntext
field that holds multi paragraph data. I'd like to display these fields
together on a single asp.net page in a structured way - the end result
should look like a business letter. The ntext field represents the body of
the letter, and it is what's troubling me. How can I display it in a way
that looks good? A textbox set for multiline gives me unwanted scrollbars
and does not 'grow' to fit the contents of the ntext value, pushing the
footer controls lower as necessary. Then I'd like the user to be able to
print the page and have it look good.

I'm open to various types of asp.net-related solutions. All suggestions are
welcome!

Thanks,
Jesse

Guest

Jesse

You can stuff your ntext field into a label, and use String.Replace to replace any end of line/line break characters with HTML <br> elements.