Broadcast

Thomas Weholt

Posted somewthing about a xmlrpc-webserver with multicast
capabilities, but I've solved all but the thing I've now learned is
called broadcast, not multicast.

I need a simple way of sending packets to local subnet and getting
results from active servers. The mcast.py in the demo-folder of the
distro didn't do it for me, so if anybody has another example I'd be
very grateful.

Paul Clinch

Thomas said:
Posted somewthing about a xmlrpc-webserver with multicast
capabilities, but I've solved all but the thing I've now learned is
called broadcast, not multicast.

I need a simple way of sending packets to local subnet and getting
results from active servers. The mcast.py in the demo-folder of the
distro didn't do it for me, so if anybody has another example I'd be
very grateful.

There some more extensive code in the PyRendezvous project. See http:/
radio.weblogs.com/0105002/stories/2003/01/06
multicastDnsServiceDiscoverForPython.html

Regards, Paul Clinch

Michael Sparks

Paul said:
There some more extensive code in the PyRendezvous project. See http:/
radio.weblogs.com/0105002/stories/2003/01/06
multicastDnsServiceDiscoverForPython.html

This has been updated by the looks of things and added to sourceforge:
* http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyzeroconf

Regards,

Michael.
--
(e-mail address removed)
British Broadcasting Corporation, Research and Development

This message (and any attachments) may contain personal views
which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.