    results from active servers. The mcast.py in the demo-folder of the
    distro didn't do it for me, so if anybody has another example I'd be
    very grateful.

    Thomas Weholt, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Thomas Weholt

    Paul Clinch Guest

    Thomas Weholt wrote:

    > Posted somewthing about a xmlrpc-webserver with multicast
    > capabilities, but I've solved all but the thing I've now learned is
    > called broadcast, not multicast.
    >
    > I need a simple way of sending packets to local subnet and getting
    > results from active servers. The mcast.py in the demo-folder of the
    > distro didn't do it for me, so if anybody has another example I'd be
    > very grateful.

    There some more extensive code in the PyRendezvous project. See http:/
    radio.weblogs.com/0105002/stories/2003/01/06
    multicastDnsServiceDiscoverForPython.html

    Regards, Paul Clinch

    Paul Clinch, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Paul Clinch wrote:
    > Thomas Weholt wrote:
    >> Posted somewthing about a xmlrpc-webserver with multicast
    >> capabilities, but I've solved all but the thing I've now learned is
    >> called broadcast, not multicast.
    >>
    >> I need a simple way of sending packets to local subnet and getting
    >> results from active servers. The mcast.py in the demo-folder of the
    >> distro didn't do it for me, so if anybody has another example I'd be
    >> very grateful.

    > There some more extensive code in the PyRendezvous project. See http:/
    > radio.weblogs.com/0105002/stories/2003/01/06
    > multicastDnsServiceDiscoverForPython.html

    This has been updated by the looks of things and added to sourceforge:
    * http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyzeroconf

    Regards,

    Michael.
    --

    British Broadcasting Corporation, Research and Development
    Kingswood Warren, Surrey KT20 6NP

    This message (and any attachments) may contain personal views
    which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.

    Michael Sparks, Sep 16, 2004