Broken Image Link

Toby Inkster

Baho said:
Not always, have you ever hid javascript from a browser that doesn't
understand it?

"<!--" and "-->" strings used between "<script>" and "</script>" are not
comments -- they're CDATA.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Bill said:
^^^
Your newsreader simulation is borken. said:
Forces a bypass of browser cache!

It does not, it caches another resource. Nonsensical, if you know how to
do it with HTTP headers. <http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/>

Please stop (cross)posting off-topic, this has nothing to do with JavaScript
or any other ECMAScript implementation. Remove comp.lang.javascript from
the Newsgroups header of followups, thanks.

PointedEars, F'up2 alt.html

Jukka K. Korpela

mcp6453 said:
- -
Did we ever decide on an accepted answer for what to do to fix the
problem?

Of course. Change the URL to a URL that complies with specifications. How
you do that depends on how the URL is meant to work. If the server
requires username and password for access to the image, then the image is
not meant for being embedded (and embedding an image from another site is
normally illegal anyway, unless you have permissions from copyright
owners). If the server is misconfigured so that it requires username and
password but that's not intentional, fix the server.