    the type of file and the directory which can be browsed. Can someone please
    point out articles/code samples which will help achieve the above.
    Thanks a lot.

    Anita C, Nov 27, 2003

  2. You can use the file upload control on your toolbar, or type it into the
    HTML manually.
    <input type=file id=myFile runat=server />
    Here's a couple good tutorials on the subject for you:

    http://www.aspnetpro.com/features/2003/07/asp200307so_f/asp200307so_f.asp
    http://aspalliance.com/das/tutorial/fileupload.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "Anita C" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > On the click of a button I want to be able to display a dialog so that a
    > file can be picked , the name of which needs to be passed to a function as

    > parameter in my asp.net app.. However for the file dialog I need to

    specify

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Nov 27, 2003

  3. Anita C

    Anita C Guest

    The first link goes to a website which needs to be subscribed to, is there
    anywhere else where similar info. is available ?
    Thanks.

    Anita C, Dec 1, 2003