    the MobileControls but I have no clue how to browse it with an emulator. I
    have looked all over and have yet figure it out. I must be missing
    something. Where do I start?
    Jed, Mar 29, 2006

  2. Jed

    kapilp Guest

    check out the openwave version 7 emulator at:
    http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/phone_simulator/

    from this enulator just browse to your web site and you can browse it.

    hope this helps.
    --
    Thank You,
    Kapil Pershad

    kapilp, Mar 29, 2006

  3. Jed

    Jed Guest

    Thanks, Kapilp,

    I downloaded it and I was up in running in no time. This will help, but I
    thought Visual Studio came with emulators. Does anybody use them? How do
    you install/run/launch them?

    Thanks, again!

    Jed, Mar 29, 2006
  4. Jed

    kapilp Guest

    kapilp, Mar 29, 2006
  5. Hi jedatu,

    For VS 2003/ vs 2005, there exists some smart device projects, we can
    create such project and use VS IDE's debug or run command/menu to launch
    the emulators. Also, we can manually launch emulators from commandline.
    Anyway, we need to install the certain smart device sdk first.

    #Using the Emulator in Smart Device Projects
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/grfusingemulatorin
    smartdeviceprojects.asp?frame=true

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 30, 2006
  6. Jed

    Aytaç ÖZAY Guest

    Hi,

    You can use Microsoft Mobil Explorer 3.0. You only write
    http://localhost/YourProject/PageName to mobile phone emulator, then you see
    your mobile web site

    The address you download the emulator is
    http://www.devhood.com/tools/tool_details.aspx?tool_id=52

    Have a nice work,

    Aytaç ÖZAY
    Software Engineer