Browser.Crawler

Charles Zhang

How can I get Request.Browser.Crawler to work correctly? Do I need to
update <browserCaps> section of the web configuration file? If yes,
where can I find something that cover all browsers and Crawlers? Thanks

Justin Huang

Hello Charles,

Thank you for posting.

From your post, my understanding on this issue is: Finding BrowserCaps for
your individual setups for <BrowserCaps> section in Web.config file. If I'm
off base, please feel free to let me know.

1.The answer to your first question is "Yes". You have to provide all the
required information about the Web Crawlers that you want to detect within
the ASP.NET configuration.

2.Through MSDN, We suggest CU to find information on
http://www.cyscape.com/browsercaps.However, there is also a very great
website that collects almost all available browser capabilities, you can
find your information on this website:

http://browsers.garykeith.com/index.asp

Sincerely,
Justin Huang
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as opposed
to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents. Complex
issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the newsgroups.
Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

--------------------
| Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 12:40:46 -0700
| From: Charles Zhang <[email protected]>
| Subject: Browser.Crawler
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| How can I get Request.Browser.Crawler to work correctly? Do I need to
| update <browserCaps> section of the web configuration file? If yes,
| where can I find something that cover all browsers and Crawlers? Thanks

Charles Zhang

Thank you very much for the info. The first link points to a company
that sell a product which I do not need. I just need a XML files that
defines "BrowserCaps" for all major browsers including major crawlers.

The second link points to a web site that mainly talk about PHP. It does
offer files in "Windows Ini format". I could spent hours to convert the
file into XML. But do you know if there are any better places I could
find a XML file?

Thank you very much.

Justin Huang

Hello Chares,

You can find a XML format file in the download page of the site.

http://browsers.garykeith.com/stream.asp?BrowsCapXML

> [...]

| > http://www.cyscape.com/browsercaps.However, there is also a very great
| > website that collects almost all available browser capabilities, you
can
| > find your information on this website:
| >
| > http://browsers.garykeith.com/index.asp
| >

| > Sincerely,
| > Justin Huang
| > Microsoft Online Community Support

| > ications.
| >
| > With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as
opposed
| > to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents.
Complex
| > issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the
newsgroups.
| > Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
| > Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

| > |