    using the web controls? (this is VS 2003)ASP.NET question.

    TIA,

    Shane
    SStory, Mar 28, 2006

  2. The best you can do is use standard CSS and test everything on all browsers
    you will support. Unfortunately, even sticking to standards will still
    result in issues. It's just the nature of the beast. And people say they
    dislike the IE monoply. I say these people haven't programmed for the
    Internet before...

    Here's a good link I found on CCS:
    http://www.wpdfd.com/editorial/basics/cssbasics1.html

    ....and there's always here:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS1

    =?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24=?=, Mar 28, 2006

  3. SStory

    Alex D. Guest

    my asp.net pages look great in IE, Firefox and Opera, with some minor
    exeptions like I cant use a treeview and a dropdownlist in the same page in
    Firefox.
    Even in the linux browsers like Conkeror and Epiphany my server controls
    look great. I mostly use relative sizes in percentages.

    Alex D., Mar 28, 2006
  4. SStory

    q Guest

    Just use standards, then tweak the browsers to make them right. It's a
    shame that no browser maker(IE team) /framework(creators of webparts,
    tree control, and Wizard) creator ever obeys the W3C (well, Mozilla
    does). Just imagine a world where 1+1=2 for you and 1+1=3 for someone
    else... that's web development. There is no interop... even though
    that's the entire point.

    Like I say all you can do is obey the W3C, then add backwards compat to
    IE and add a few fixes to fix the ASP.NET code to make it work in real
    web browsers. Have fun trying to get anything working in Opera
    though... you may want to back away from trying that.

    DB
    http://www.davidbetz.net/dynamicbliss/
    q, Mar 28, 2006
  5. SStory

    SStory Guest

    Well, I used webforms textbox control, and set width to 224px and it was
    like a few chars wide in Firefox.

    Also on font, I set size to 10pt and it became huge. I will double check
    that I didn't mistakenly put px, but still.

    Thanks,

    Shane

    ps.I have done web programming, I just used to not use or care about Firefox
    and now I do.

    SStory, Mar 28, 2006
  6. SStory

    SStory Guest

    I don't really care about Opera.

    I really just wanted to support IE (easy), Netscape/Firefox, and Avant.

    Thanks for the reply.

    SStory, Mar 28, 2006
  7. SStory

    q Guest

    Really, you just program to the XHTML/CSS specs at w3c.org. Then you
    add backwards compat to IE (not fun).

    Avant is IE from what I understand.
    q, Mar 29, 2006
  8. SStory

    SStory Guest

    I found the solution. For any others who have my same problem, do this:

    http://www.asptoday.com/Content.aspx?id=2339

    It worked for me. Brought FireFox into line(actually makes MS, send the
    right stuff to the browser).

    SStory, Mar 29, 2006