Browser flickering

Mark

Is there anyway to stop the flickering when a page refreshes in the browser?
I am thinking maybe something to do with buffering and repainting the page
over the old one instead fo clearing the display and then redrawing. My ASP
page always fills the available browser window.

Any help much appreciated
Mark

S. Justin Gengo

Mark,

Turn on the page property SmartNavigation by setting it to true. It will
stop the browser flicker in IE...

There can be problems with it, but I've had good success in most cases.
Sometimes it will stop a redirect for example, but the workaround is to set
Page.SmartNavigation = False from the codebehind when running routines where
it causes problems...

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

JIMCO Software

Mark said:
Is there anyway to stop the flickering when a page refreshes in the
browser? I am thinking maybe something to do with buffering and
repainting the page over the old one instead fo clearing the display
and then redrawing. My ASP page always fills the available browser
window.

The best way to resolve that is AJAX.

http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/4704/

Here's a great link for ASP.NET users:

http://weblogs.asp.net/mschwarz/

--
Jim Cheshire
JIMCO Software

FrontPage add-ins for FrontPage 2000 - 2003

dee

I noticed looking at same application in FireFox doesnt flicker where in IE
it does.