Browser Freindly Page Layouts

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Deasun O'Donnachadha, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Have you tried looking at using framesets.
    You can do exactly that layout using them.
    You can create one in the IDE as a html doc and then copy
    and paste the htlm code to a aspx blank page.

    across the top, a
    >menu down the left side, the main body down the right

    side, with a page
    >footer across the bottom of the page. I have been able

    to create this using
    >tables. This works fine on pcs running IE 5x but it does

    not seem to work
    >well on other platforms. Is there a better way of doing

    this with ASP.Net
    >that will degrade nicly for other browsers. I have seen

    a little bit on
    >panels should I be doing this.
    >
    >Ps. The layout would be much the same as microsofts

    website layout.

    Deasun O'Donnachadha, Jul 21, 2003