browser hangs when user deletes cookies

Scott Collens

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this issue.

I am developing a site in .NET using VB.NET on Windows 2000 Advanced
Server.

As I browse the site, if I delete my cookies through the browser
tools, the site hangs when I continue to navigate.

I was wondering if this has anything to do with the ASP.NET_SessionId
session state cookie? If so, Is there anyway to eliminate this
problem?

I've been to .aspx pages on other sites and tried to recreate the
problem but it it doesn't hang on those sites.

I am browsing with IE6.

Thanks in advance....Scott

bruce barker

asp.net sessions do not work with cookies turned off. you can convert to
cookieless sessions (see web config) but there are restrictions.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)