Browser Helper Objects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JohnFol, Oct 8, 2004.

  1. JohnFol

    JohnFol Guest

    I am trying to make use of BHO's (and no not to write spyware). It seems all
    articles relate to C++, whereas my background si in VB.Net
    I've managed to understand that I need the following i/face defined

    <ComVisible(True), InterfaceType(ComInterfaceType.InterfaceIsIUnknown),
    Guid("FC4801A3-2BA9-11CF-A229-00AA003D7352")> _

    Public Interface IObjectWithSite

    Sub SetSite(<MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.IUnknown)> ByVal pUnkSite As Object)

    Sub GetSite(ByRef riid As Object, <MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.Interface)> ByVal
    ppvSite As Object)

    End Interface

    But

    I have also added the registry entry using the GUID from the assembly.vb
    file, but what escapes me is how to have the browser invoke the code so I
    can step through / interrogate the value?

    Does anyone have a real step by step guid to getting the basics to work
    using VB.net?
    JohnFol, Oct 8, 2004