browser javascript capabilities

Lance

Hi,
Is there a way to tell if a browser is currently capable of javascript? ie
if the user has disabled it or not? I understand that the
Request.Browser.JavaScript property will tell if a browser *may* be capable,
I'd like to know if a browser is *currently* allowed to run javascript.

The following test returns true, whether or not the user has altered their
security settings to disallow javascript:

JavaScript: <%= Request.Browser.JavaScript%>

If there isn't a way to do this with server-side code, does anyone know of
an elegant solution for javascript-capability sniffing?

Thanks,
Lance

clintonG

Google has hundreds of articles that explain techniques to
determine if JavaScript -- or cookies -- have been disabled
but your correct to understand that the framework only provides
the ability to determine if the user agent can support JavaScript
but does not tell us if it has been enabled or not.

I'd like to learn the most elegant methodology myself