Browser refreshing

David C

I have an aspx page that does a postback every 2 minutes. However, some
browsers are not getting the changed/updated information all the time. The
application builds 3 GridViews from different datasources (SQL Server). All
browsers are set to "check for new versions Automatically". Is there
anything I can do on the aspx page so that all users will get the same
result? This is an intranet application. Thanks.

David

Guest

I have an aspx page that does a postback every 2 minutes.  However, some
browsers are not getting the changed/updated information all the time.  The
application builds 3 GridViews from different datasources (SQL Server).  All
browsers are set to "check for new versions Automatically". Is there
anything I can do on the aspx page so that all users will get the same
result?  This is an intranet application.  Thanks.

David

Hi David

is this about IE6 only?

If yes, look at the following post
http://forums.asp.net/p/1334542/2685559.aspx

David C

Yes, I think so since all problem users have IE6. However, I looked at the
forum example and I'm not sure how to do what is suggested (use #none in the
href) as I am using the following Javascript that fires my LinkButton:

var dtoday = new Date();
var day = dtoday.getDay();
//if not Sunday or Saturday then do postback
if ((parseInt(day) != 0) && (parseInt(day) != 6))
{
//Refresh page every 120 seconds - 2 minutes
window.setTimeout("__doPostBack('LBtnRefresh', '')", 120000);
}
</script>

Thanks.
David