    the icon with the coffee cup on top of the word Java.

    What's best practice? Do I somehow create a reload button listener?

    Thanks!
    Daisy, Jun 30, 2006

  2. Daisy

    Andrew T. Guest

    Daisy wrote:
    > A few months ago, I changed my desktop application to an Applet.

    What led you to that decision? Most projects go the other way.*

    > Generally it works well. However, I have a challenge with the reload
    > button.

    Which browser? What version of the browser?
    Which OS? What OS version? Using which Java version?

    * Can you guess why, now?

    > When a user hits the reload button, the browser footer says "Applet
    > loaded", the Java console shows Applet logging messages indicating the
    > Applet loaded, but the Java plug-in picture cycles infinitely. I mean
    > the icon with the coffee cup on top of the word Java.
    >
    > What's best practice?

    Avoid applets altogether, unless there is a pressing need for
    funcionality that only an applet can provide (which is rare).

    Andrew T.
    Andrew T., Jun 30, 2006

  3. Daisy

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Daisy" <> wrote in message
    >A few months ago, I changed my desktop application to an Applet.
    > Generally it works well. However, I have a challenge with the reload
    > button.
    >
    > When a user hits the reload button, the browser footer says "Applet
    > loaded", the Java console shows Applet logging messages indicating the
    > Applet loaded, but the Java plug-in picture cycles infinitely. I mean
    > the icon with the coffee cup on top of the word Java.

    Does the applet still run correclty? If so, can you just ignore that
    icon? I believe what the JVM does with respect to icons in taskbars is out
    of your control.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Jul 6, 2006