Browser says client-side validation function is undefined

Nathan Sokalski

I am writing a validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class), and
am including the evaluationfunction attribute to specify the client-side
JavaScript validation function. I have successfully done all of these things
before, with no problems. However, when I go to my test page, it gives me
the following error:

Error: 'MinMaxSelectedValidatorIsValid' is undefined

If I do a view source, I can see the JavaScript function included in the
idea as to why this might be happening? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Guest

I am writing a validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class), and
am including the evaluationfunction attribute to specify the client-side
JavaScript validation function. I have successfully done all of these things
before, with no problems. However, when I go to my test page, it gives me
the following error:

Error:    'MinMaxSelectedValidatorIsValid' is undefined

If I do a view source, I can see the JavaScript function included in the
idea as to why this might be happening? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi Nathan,

if 'MinMaxSelectedValidatorIsValid' is a name of js function and it is
included in the page, then maybe it cannot be found from the place you
called it (it should be declared before that place)