    (or current tab browser) from a javascript.
    Any clue is welcome !

    Thanx.
    M, May 4, 2006

  2. M

    ASM Guest

    M a écrit :
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for a way to get a screenshot of the current browser
    > (or current tab browser) from a javascript.

    on my idea : not possible

    (perhaps some ActiveX in IE Windows ?)

    ASM, May 4, 2006

  3. M

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    M wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for a way to get a screenshot of the current browser
    > (or current tab browser) from a javascript.
    > Any clue is welcome !

    I have no idea how you could do this with javascript. Some OS and
    browser combinations have a screen capture feature. However I like the
    Gadwin Systems Print Screen that can be downloaded at
    http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/?prnscr for free. It will capture a
    whole screen, selected portion thereof, or a window. You can store the
    capture, print the capture, email the capture etc. The program I
    downloaded was easy to use and did not include any unwanted features
    such as spyware.
    cwdjrxyz, May 5, 2006
  4. M

    ASM Guest

    cwdjrxyz a écrit :
    > M wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I'm looking for a way to get a screenshot of the current browser
    >>(or current tab browser) from a javascript.
    >>Any clue is welcome !

    > However I like the
    > Gadwin Systems Print Screen that can be downloaded at
    > http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/?prnscr for free.

    Gadwin PrintScreen requires Microsoft ® Windows :-(

    ASM, May 5, 2006
  5. M

    M Guest

    Hello,

    I found 2 firefox extensions doing such a thing :
    - Fox Pager
    - Reveal

    I gave a look to the source code but I need some help to
    find the location of the 'screenshot'.

    Thanx.
    M, May 5, 2006
  6. M

    The Magpie Guest

    M wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for a way to get a screenshot of the current browser
    > (or current tab browser) from a javascript.
    > Any clue is welcome !

    Not going to happen, mate. Just not possible - for instance, I have a
    small browser written in LISP which runs on a BBC Micro I keep for bits
    of playing about with AI tools.

    It happens that I don't allow Javascript in it, but the point is that a
    browser *can* be written with pretty much any language, to run on pretty
    much any equipment and there is no certainty that equipment (or
    language) can do screenshots at all.
    The Magpie, May 5, 2006
  7. M

    VK Guest

    M wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I found 2 firefox extensions doing such a thing :
    > - Fox Pager

    Fox Pager is a weak copy of
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1768&application=firefox>

    > I gave a look to the source code but I need some help to
    > find the location of the 'screenshot'.

    You assume that a browser has access to the graphics context produced
    by DOM while it doesn't. It is a purely OS domain.

    Just prompt Windows users to press Alt+PrintScreen and paste into
    Paint. Or write an AxtiveX like one at
    <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240653>

    For Linux users prompt as suggested here
    <http://www.sb.fsu.edu/~xray/Manuals/ScreenCapture.html#_Toc125961444>

    For MacOS users as suggested here
    <http://www.tuaw.com/2005/03/02/mac-n00b-switcher-tip-print-screen/>

    Feel free to look for other OS'.