Browser-side Rich Text Editor

bizsolutiondev

Hi all,

I am looking for a browser side WYSIWIG HTML editor for our ASP.NET
based content management system (CMS). For the past few months, I've
had a Firefox RTE solution in place, and it worked marginally well,
although we've encountered enough issues to make us look elsewhere.
The HTML code it generated was, oft times, a complete mess.

Is there an industry-standard solution that delivers clean HTML code?

Also, we want to use our own image "portfolio" management and upload.
And our own hyperlink pop-up as well (we have a catalog of internal
pages -- the website is relatively "self-aware").

Has anyone had any luck in this area, yet?

Regards!
A.

bizsolutiondev

Real nice resource page.

I've only had a chance to do a surface level check, but out of the
options listed, FCK Editor appears to have what we are looking for.
You don't have to use their image listing / browsing / insertion
tool... one can incorporate one's own. Awesome.

Thanks!

jason_kennedy1975

If you're not restricted to the freebies, Cute Editor is extremely well
done and simple to use.

I've used their support forum, email and live chat to communicate with
support, and they always have an answer. (We have been using CuteEditor
in production since July. 2003).

This is the link:

http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx

Jason