    but rather than me "MANUALLY" doing the test on each browser, i was
    wondering if there was a tool to do that for me ?

    thanks for any pointers

    Mel, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Mel wrote:

    > i can see that my site looks different on some browsers. i know there are
    > things i should not be doing !!!
    >
    > but rather than me "MANUALLY" doing the test on each browser, i was
    > wondering if there was a tool to do that for me ?

    Ideally, you should be able to use validation. Have you?

    In the real world, there are broken browsers like Internet Explorer. If you
    don't work on the Window$ platform and try IE, you will not be able to see
    what 80-90% (typically) of the visitors will see.

    A tool that emulates all browsers will have to include the source of them
    all. Since IE is not open-source, you might as well forget about it...

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Jan 4, 2005

  3. In article <cre8f6$11h3$>,
    says...
    > Mel wrote:
    >
    > > i can see that my site looks different on some browsers. i know there are
    > > things i should not be doing !!!
    > >
    > > but rather than me "MANUALLY" doing the test on each browser, i was
    > > wondering if there was a tool to do that for me ?

    > Ideally, you should be able to use validation. Have you?

    Validation won't show how a site looks on different browsers.

    http://www.browsercam.com/

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 4, 2005
  4. Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > In article <cre8f6$11h3$>,
    > says...
    >> Mel wrote:
    >>
    >> > i can see that my site looks different on some browsers. i know there
    >> > are things i should not be doing !!!
    >> >
    >> > but rather than me "MANUALLY" doing the test on each browser, i was
    >> > wondering if there was a tool to do that for me ?

    >> Ideally, you should be able to use validation. Have you?

    > Validation won't show how a site looks on different browsers.

    That's true, I agree. However, properly designed pages _should_ (in theory)
    stay consistent across platforms and browsers.

    >> A tool that emulates all browsers will have to include the source of them
    >> all. Since IE is not open-source, you might as well forget about it...

    > http://www.browsercam.com/

    Excellent. I'll take it for a spin. I usually have to walk to a nearby
    Window$ cluster.

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Jan 4, 2005
  5. In article <crej90$14mi$>,
    says...
    > >> A tool that emulates all browsers will have to include the source of them
    > >> all. Since IE is not open-source, you might as well forget about it...

    > > http://www.browsercam.com/

    > Excellent. I'll take it for a spin. I usually have to walk to a nearby
    > Window$ cluster.

    I just had a go - it's very good. One of mine even shows "netscape.exe
    has generated errors and will be closed" under NN4.78.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 4, 2005
  6. Mel

    Erma1ina Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > > A tool that emulates all browsers will have to include the source of them
    > > all. Since IE is not open-source, you might as well forget about it...

    > http://www.browsercam.com/
    >
    > --
    > Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    > I do not eat quiche.