    Opera browser for SmartPhone are reconized wrong (IsMobileDevice = false).

    From where or how I get the a configuration which works?

    Thanks
    Eric
    Eric, Sep 30, 2004

  2. Eric

    John Guest

    Hi, Eric

    Have you applied the Mobile toolkit updates?

    Mobile home page

    http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=5&tabid=44

    Device Updates: New adapters and browsercaps information

    http://www.asp.net/mobile/deviceupdate.aspx?tabindex=6

    for 1.0 toolkit

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AE597F21-B8E4-416E-
    A28F-B124F41F9768&displaylang=en

    Hope this helps,

    John Eikanger
    Microsoft Developer Support

    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------

    John, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hi John,

    Yes, I have installed all the updates.
    In my machine.config, I have the following entries:

    <browserCaps>
    <result type="System.Web.Mobile.MobileCapabilities, System.Web.Mobile,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    <file src="deviceUpdate.config" />
    <file src="deviceUpdate3.config" />
    <file src="deviceUpdate4.config" />

    It must be something different.

    Thanks
    Eric

    Eric, Oct 4, 2004
  4. Eric

    John Guest

    Hi, Eric

    This should get you a config that works:

    http://www.asp.net/mobile/profile/default.aspx

    This tool can take the client browser through a series of steps to add
    support for new browsers.
    Regardless of whether the correct user agent is already in machine.config
    or not, this tool can get the correct info and can be added to the
    machine.config or web.config.

    Hope this helps,

    John Eikanger
    MSDN Communities Team

    John, Oct 5, 2004
  5. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Thanks for the link. It seems to be a really helpful tool.

    But my concern is more, that common used devices are not reconized.

    An Ipaq 5550 or Sony Ericsson P900 (and Opera for Symbian) are widley used
    devices.

    If I need to write myself every configuration, it doesn't make sense to me.

    Eric
    Eric, Oct 6, 2004
  6. Eric

    John Guest

    Hi, Eric

    I understand your concern, but the mobile market is constantly changing and
    adding new devices. The devices you mention are fairly new, and they will
    probably be in the next device update, but they are not present now. You
    can look at http://www.asp.net/mobile/testeddevices.aspx?tabindex=6 for the
    complete list of tested devices and emulators.

    For the new devices, you will need to use the profiling tool until they are
    added to the device update list.

    John, Oct 6, 2004
  7. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hi John,

    Thank you for your answers.
    I'm not satisfied how it's working right know, but your answers were really
    helpful.

    I know where to create a new profile or lookup one.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/othertech/asp.netmc/mobileweb/default.aspx
    http://www.asp.net/mobile/profile/default.aspx
    http://www.asp.net/mobile/testeddevices.aspx?tabindex=6

    My suggestions is, that there should be more often a 'deviceUpdate'.
    The last one is more than 10 month ago.

    Eric

    Eric, Oct 8, 2004
  8. Eric

    John Guest

    Hi, Eric

    More frequent updates would be great. They may be in a busy place in the
    development cycle, and we'll see more devices when they finish with a
    higher priority task.

    Good luck with your project,

    John Eikanger
    Microsoft Developer Support

    This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights
    --------------------
    | From: "Eric" <>
    | Subject: Re: <browserCaps>
    | Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:39:16 +0200
    |
    | Hi John,
    |
    | Thank you for your answers.
    | I'm not satisfied how it's working right know, but your answers were
    really
    | helpful.
    |
    | I know where to create a new profile or lookup one.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/othertech/asp.netmc/mobileweb/default.asp
    | http://www.asp.net/mobile/profile/default.aspx
    | http://www.asp.net/mobile/testeddevices.aspx?tabindex=6
    |
    | My suggestions is, that there should be more often a 'deviceUpdate'.
    | The last one is more than 10 month ago.
    |
    | Eric
    |

    | ""John"" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    | > Hi, Eric
    | >
    | > I understand your concern, but the mobile market is constantly changing
    | > and
    | > adding new devices. The devices you mention are fairly new, and they
    will
    | > probably be in the next device update, but they are not present now.
    You
    | > can look at http://www.asp.net/mobile/testeddevices.aspx?tabindex=6 for
    | > the
    | > complete list of tested devices and emulators.
    | >
    | > For the new devices, you will need to use the profiling tool until they
    | > are
    | > added to the device update list.
    | >
    | > Hope this helps,
    | >
    | > John Eikanger
    | > Microsoft Developer Support
    | >
    | > This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no
    | > rights.
    | > --------------------
    | > | From: "Eric" <>
    | > | Subject: Re: <browserCaps>
    | > | Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:29:17 +0200
    | > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | > phx.gbl
    | > |
    | > | Thanks for the link. It seems to be a really helpful tool.
    | > |
    | > | But my concern is more, that common used devices are not reconized.
    | > |
    | > | An Ipaq 5550 or Sony Ericsson P900 (and Opera for Symbian) are widley
    | > used
    | > | devices.
    | > |
    | > | If I need to write myself every configuration, it doesn't make sense
    | > me.
    | > |
    | > | Eric
    | > |