    Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
    ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
    , Jun 23, 2006

  2. depends on which version of .net

    1.1 look at the browsercaps section in the machine.config
    2.0 look in browsers folder in the .net config dir

    in any case as it depends on the agent string (and browsers lie), it not
    completely reliable.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Jun 23, 2006

  3. Request.Browser.Type should identify Firefox 100% of the time.

    Please test any browser you have doubts on by visiting :
    http://asp.net.do/test/browserDetect.aspx

    with the browser you want to detect.

    If any browser is not detected correctly I'll be glad to
    modify my script so it *is* detected and share the info with you.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 23, 2006

    Yeah im using .net 2.

    THanks for the list. THough the problem is i cannot detect specifically firefox, because IE also says it is a mozilla
    browser.

    So i guess i will be forced to use Request.Browser.Browser
    ?