Browsers and Java.

Roedy Green

Java provides a dll called
plugin2\npjp2.dll or perhaps new_plugin\npjp2.dll
for a browser to run Java to support Applets.

When I upgraded Java all my browsers except Opera continued to work
fine without adjustment.

How did the browsers find the new dll? Do they just assume it will be
at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll ?

I have both 64 and 32 bit Javas installed. The Java control panel
discards 32-bit entries.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Richard Maher

Hi Roedy,

Roedy Green said:
Java provides a dll called
plugin2\npjp2.dll or perhaps new_plugin\npjp2.dll
for a browser to run Java to support Applets.

When I upgraded Java all my browsers except Opera continued to work
fine without adjustment.

How did the browsers find the new dll? Do they just assume it will be
at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll ?

My Opera plugins page say it finds it here: -
C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll

I had no problems. I am still on 7.03 though.

Cheers Richard Maher

Roedy Green

My Opera plugins page say it finds it here: -
C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll

I had no problems. I am still on 7.03 though.

I discovered Opera was hanging on to a number of obsolete plug-ins. I
disabled them, and off it went. Thanks.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
The population is aging, especially in Japan and
there are not enough young people to take care of them. This will
stimulate the evolution of caretaker robots, at first
supervised and largely controlled remotely by human nurses.
Over time they will work more and more independently
doing tasks like bathing, feeding, cleaning up, dispensing
medications and acting as companions by playing games
and conversing. The technology can then be loosed on
mankind's most vexing problem -- being sexually
attracted to people who have no interest back.
..

Arne Vajhøj

Java provides a dll called
plugin2\npjp2.dll or perhaps new_plugin\npjp2.dll
for a browser to run Java to support Applets.

When I upgraded Java all my browsers except Opera continued to work
fine without adjustment.

How did the browsers find the new dll? Do they just assume it will be
at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll ?

It should be in some registry entry.

Arne

DRCM