Browsers and Java.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Apr 27, 2012.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    Java provides a dll called
    plugin2\npjp2.dll or perhaps new_plugin\npjp2.dll
    for a browser to run Java to support Applets.

    When I upgraded Java all my browsers except Opera continued to work
    fine without adjustment.

    How did the browsers find the new dll? Do they just assume it will be
    at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll ?

    I have both 64 and 32 bit Javas installed. The Java control panel
    discards 32-bit entries.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Roedy Green, Apr 27, 2012

  2. Hi Roedy,

    "Roedy Green" <> wrote in message
    > Java provides a dll called
    > plugin2\npjp2.dll or perhaps new_plugin\npjp2.dll
    > for a browser to run Java to support Applets.
    >
    > When I upgraded Java all my browsers except Opera continued to work
    > fine without adjustment.
    >
    > How did the browsers find the new dll? Do they just assume it will be
    > at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll ?

    My Opera plugins page say it finds it here: -
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll

    I had no problems. I am still on 7.03 though.

    Cheers Richard Maher
    Richard Maher, Apr 28, 2012

  3. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 07:35:01 +0800, "Richard Maher"
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >My Opera plugins page say it finds it here: -
    >C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll
    >
    >I had no problems. I am still on 7.03 though.

    I discovered Opera was hanging on to a number of obsolete plug-ins. I
    disabled them, and off it went. Thanks.
    Roedy Green, Apr 28, 2012
  4. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 4/27/2012 2:21 PM, Roedy Green wrote:
    > Java provides a dll called
    > plugin2\npjp2.dll or perhaps new_plugin\npjp2.dll
    > for a browser to run Java to support Applets.
    >
    > When I upgraded Java all my browsers except Opera continued to work
    > fine without adjustment.
    >
    > How did the browsers find the new dll? Do they just assume it will be
    > at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll ?

    It should be in some registry entry.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 29, 2012