btree

os2

hi

i would like to catalog my hd and put the data in a btree
somebody know how to do it?
a hint to begin?

thanks

Sheldon Simms

hi

i would like to catalog my hd and put the data in a btree
somebody know how to do it?
a hint to begin?

A B-Tree tutorial is a bit much for a newsgroup post. It is also
off-topic. Check out a book on file structures or algorithms.

Colin Newell

I know that this is *shock* perl but the author is pretty good and gives a
reasonable basic example. You should be able to learn how to do it from
this and then implement in C. Just remember that this is just a basic
implementation with room for improvement or specialization.

http://perl.plover.com/BTree/

Colin.

Ravi Uday

os2 said:
hi

i would like to catalog my hd and put the data in a btree
somebody know how to do it?
a hint to begin?

thanks

There are tutorials available explaining B-Tree. Search google - "Binary
Tree Tutorial", which should quite be your starting point.

Good luck