    somebody know how to do it?
    a hint to begin?

    thanks
    os2, Oct 25, 2003

  2. os2

    Noah Roberts Guest

    os2 wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > i would like to catalog my hd and put the data in a btree
    > somebody know how to do it?
    > a hint to begin?
    >
    > thanks

    format? :p

    --
    Noah Roberts
    - "If you are not outraged, you are not paying attention."
    Noah Roberts, Oct 25, 2003

  3. On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:12:21 -0400, os2 wrote:

    > hi
    >
    > i would like to catalog my hd and put the data in a btree
    > somebody know how to do it?
    > a hint to begin?

    A B-Tree tutorial is a bit much for a newsgroup post. It is also
    off-topic. Check out a book on file structures or algorithms.
    Sheldon Simms, Oct 25, 2003
  4. os2

    Colin Newell Guest

    I know that this is *shock* perl but the author is pretty good and gives a
    reasonable basic example. You should be able to learn how to do it from
    this and then implement in C. Just remember that this is just a basic
    implementation with room for improvement or specialization.

    http://perl.plover.com/BTree/

    Colin.
    Colin Newell, Oct 26, 2003
  5. os2

    Ravi Uday Guest

    os2 <> wrote in message news:<EKmmb.41503$>...
    > hi
    >
    > i would like to catalog my hd and put the data in a btree
    > somebody know how to do it?
    > a hint to begin?
    >
    > thanks

    There are tutorials available explaining B-Tree. Search google - "Binary
    Tree Tutorial", which should quite be your starting point.

    Good luck
    Ravi Uday, Oct 27, 2003