bubblesort question

Ray Leon

LESSON 8

Dear Sirs or Madam:

I need some assistance with a bubble sort question that I have completed and
think to be correct. I am just a bit unsure since there is an additional
pass (4th pass) in the original question (below), which make me wonder if
there is something I left out. Any help is greatly appreciated. The actual
document and arrows showing the sorts I have uploaded to my website:

http://www.popeyeray.com/bubblesort.htm

1. Consider an array with these elements: Pebbles, Barney, Wilma, Fred and
Dino. Apply the bubble sort technique to sort the array in alphabetical
order. Show all passes. (List the order before and after each pass). (50
points)

Original List
J = 1

J = 2

J = 3

J = 4

Pebbles

Barney

Barney

Barney

Barney

First
Barney

Pebbles

Pebbles

Pebbles

Pebbles

Pass
Wilma

Wilma

Wilma

Fred

Fred

Fred

Fred

Fred

Wilma

Dino

Dino

Dino

Dino

Dino

Wilma

J = 1

J = 2

J = 3

Barney

Barney

Barney

Barney

Second
Pebbles

Fred

Fred

Fred

Pass
Fred

Pebbles

Dino

Dino

Dino

Dino

Pebbles

Pebbles

Wilma

Wilma

Wilma

Wilma

Barney

Barney

Barney

Third
Fred

Dino

Dino

Pass
Dino

Fred

Fred

Pebbles

Pebbles

Pebbles

Wilma

Wilma

Wilma

Fourth

Pass

Arved Sandstrom

Ray Leon said:
LESSON 8

Dear Sirs or Madam:

I need some assistance with a bubble sort question that I have completed
and think to be correct. I am just a bit unsure since there is an
additional pass (4th pass) in the original question (below), which make me
wonder if there is something I left out. Any help is greatly appreciated.
The actual document and arrows showing the sorts I have uploaded to my
website:

http://www.popeyeray.com/bubblesort.htm

1. Consider an array with these elements: Pebbles, Barney, Wilma, Fred and
Dino. Apply the bubble sort technique to sort the array in alphabetical
order. Show all passes. (List the order before and after each pass). (50
points)
[ SNIP ]

You need one pass where there are no swaps in order for the algorithm to
know that it's done.

AHS