    thanks (I can't remember how he made the php available, if it was
    http://usenet.alt-html.org/image-selector-thingy.phps its not there now)

    David

    David Graham, Jul 3, 2003

  2. David Graham

    Marc Guest

    Marc, Jul 3, 2003

  3. David Graham

    Marc Guest

    > > > $size [3]
    > >
    > > This is an array.
    > >
    > > www.php.net/array
    > >

    > Thanks for the hint - will try to learn how he has made use of an array -

    if
    > the top man wants to chip in, please feel free (perhaps the aussies are in
    > bed now - 7.00p.m GMT in UK, so I guess its the middle of the night down
    > under)

    It may well be, but it doesn't mean Brucie will be asleep!

    Marc, Jul 3, 2003
  4. David Graham

    David Graham Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > In post <F6VMa.20538$>
    > David Graham said...
    >
    > > http://usenet.alt-html.org/image-selector-thingy.php

    > i deleted that just yesterday, i thought everyone that wanted it would
    > have already saved it to their own puter. but its back up again.
    >
    > > I hope brucie is around

    > a round what? are you calling me fat?
    >
    > > $size[3]

    > the bit you should be looking at is:
    >
    > $size=getimagesize($path.$image);
    >
    > then have a look in the php manual to see what getimagesize does:
    > http://php.net/manual/en/function.getimagesize.php

    Thanks, I will enjoy reading up on the getimagesize() function tomorrow,
    time for bed now. My first thoughts, without first reading up on this, is
    that this function stores various bits of info about the image and the bit
    about its width and height is in the 4th element of the array - just a
    guess, probably wrong, can't see how two seperate bits of info (width and
    height) could be stored in the same cell of the array anyway - thinking out
    aloud here, in private, to half the world, oh dear, I'm rambling on - Good
    night, or should it be good morning!

    Bye
    David

    David Graham, Jul 3, 2003
  5. David Graham

    brucie Guest

    In post <JI1Na.15520$>
    David Graham said...

    >>> $size[3]

    >> the bit you should be looking at is:
    >>
    >> $size=getimagesize($path.$image);
    >>
    >> then have a look in the php manual to see what getimagesize does:
    >> http://php.net/manual/en/function.getimagesize.php

    > Thanks, I will enjoy reading up on the getimagesize() function tomorrow,
    > time for bed now. My first thoughts, without first reading up on this, is
    > that this function stores various bits of info about the image and the bit
    > about its width and height is in the 4th element of the array - just a
    > guess, probably wrong, can't see how two seperate bits of info (width and
    > height) could be stored in the same cell of the array anyway

    <q>Index 3 is a text string with the correct height="yyy" width="xxx"
    string that can be used directly in an IMG tag. </q>
    http://php.net/manual/en/function.getimagesize.php

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 04/July/2003 08:05:01 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 3, 2003