buffer limit

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by middletree, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. middletree

    middletree Guest

    Here's the error I am getting:
    Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'
    Response Buffer Limit Exceeded
    Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its
    configured limit

    I then went to aspfaq.com, which told me to add the Response.Clear(), which
    you'll see below. Since adding this, I get a timeout.

    First, the connection:
    strConnection ="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    Source="&server.mappath(".\**.mdb")&";User Id=***;Password=***;"
    filePath = Server.MapPath("***.mdb")

    Next, the code, which queries one table in an Access database, and pulls a
    city, state, name, and phone number, all of which are of type Memo:

    <% Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    objConnection.ConnectionString = strConnection
    objConnection.Open

    strSQL = "select State, City, BranchID, Phone, BranchName from CMMain "
    Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    RS.Open strSQL, objConnection,1,1
    Do While not rs.EOF
    strState = rs("State")
    strCity = rs("City")
    strBranchID = rs("BranchID")
    strPhone = rs("Phone")
    strBranchName = rs("BranchName")
    %>
    <%=strBranchName%>
    <%=strCity%>
    <%=strState%>
    <%=strPhone%>
    <%
    Response.Clear()
    Loop
    set rs = nothing
    set ObjConnection = nothing
    %>

    middletree, Dec 15, 2005

  2. middletree

    middletree Guest

    Well, I changed:

    > Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

    set RS = objConnection.execute (strSQL)

    and it works now. I mean, I get a different error, but I will work on that.

    Weird. I thought if I was pulling up a set of data, it has to be a
    recordset.

    middletree, Dec 15, 2005

  3. middletree

    Danny@Kendal Guest

    "middletree" <> wrote in message
    > Here's the error I am getting:
    > Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'
    > Response Buffer Limit Exceeded
    > Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its
    > configured limit
    >
    > I then went to aspfaq.com, which told me to add the Response.Clear(),
    > which you'll see below. Since adding this, I get a timeout.

    I'm no expert but I hope the following might help.

    I have a What's On page which uses the response buffer to hopefully speed
    things up. The layout I use is something like this:

    response.buffer=true
    [open database]
    [perform database query]
    [response.write the values]