Buffer overflow prevention in ASP app

dw

Hi, all. Are there specific security precautions (input validations for
example) that are documented somewhere to prevent hackers from compromising
a credit card ASP application? In particular, can we prevent a buffer
overflow by using the LEFT function to grab only the necessary characters
from the credit card text field? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Evertjan.

dw wrote on 10 okt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hi, all. Are there specific security precautions (input validations
for example) that are documented somewhere to prevent hackers from
compromising a credit card ASP application? In particular, can we
prevent a buffer overflow by using the LEFT function to grab only the
necessary characters from the credit card text field? Your help is
much appreciated. Thanks.

What buffer are you talking about?

ASP applications can only be hacked by bad serverside code.

If you are not fluent in asp-vbs or asp-js language coding,
and your question suggests just that,
change that by learning a few years or hire a good professional.

Creditcard applicationsare not for the beginner,
unless it is your own card.