buffer overrun

Guest

I am also getting Buffer overrun detected!
Program:C:\ProgramFiles\QuickTime\QuickTimePlayer.exe
A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the programs internal
state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be
terminated.

I cannot open iTunes & i feel it is connected to the Buffer overun problem.
Any help on solving the problem would be greatly appreciated.

mpropst

I am getting the same errors with Quicktime, my iTunes seem to be
running fine and as long as I am only opening a movie file to view in
Quicktime it is fine but if I try running a check for updates I get
the buffer overrun error, and if I try updating within the options
menu I get the following error "an exeception occurred while trying to
run "Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\Program Files\Quicktime\QTSystem
\Quicktime.cpl" In addition the quicktime plugin will not work in any
application it will crash Internet Explorer and also crash some
training software from Total Training that uses a QuickTime plugin. I
have uninstalled Quicktime and reinstalled several times, tried using
QuickTime Alternative and still no success it continues to get the
same errors,

Tim Van Wassenhove

I am getting the same errors with Quicktime, my iTunes seem to be
running fine and as long as I am only opening a movie file to view in
Quicktime it is fine but if I try running a check for updates I get
the buffer overrun error, and if I try updating within the options
menu I get the following error "an exeception occurred while trying to
run "Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\Program Files\Quicktime\QTSystem
\Quicktime.cpl" In addition the quicktime plugin will not work in any
application it will crash Internet Explorer and also crash some
training software from Total Training that uses a QuickTime plugin. I
have uninstalled Quicktime and reinstalled several times, tried using
QuickTime Alternative and still no success it continues to get the
same errors,

As suggested in a previous thread, flushing your toilet 3 times should
help.

Guest