    If these values are larger, does it mean that the streaming performance will
    be better?

    Thanks

    Skyhorse, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Skyhorse

    Gregg Guest

    [OT] Re: Buffer size & Prebuffering size?

    "Skyhorse" <> wrote in

    > In fact, this is not a programming problem, but I think I can seek
    > help here

    You could, but it would be inappropriate, and probably not appreciated.
    This group is for discussion of the C++ language, very specifically.

    > Can anyone suggest (or just guess) what is the difference between
    > buffer size and prebuffering size?

    Probably the buffer size is the amount of space to be made available for
    buffering stream data, while the prebuffering size is the portion of it to
    fill initially before starting to play (thus beginning to empty the
    buffer). Once playback has started, the buffer size can fluctuate around
    the prelbuffering size depending on the relative speed of incoming data and
    playback.

    Gregg

    Gregg, Apr 16, 2004

  3. > Can anyone suggest (or just guess) what is the difference between buffer
    > size and prebuffering size?
    > If these values are larger, does it mean that the streaming performance

    will
    > be better?

    If the prebuffering size is larger, then it will probably take longer before
    it starts playing.
    Larger buffers will not increase streaming speed, but it will protect to a
    certain degree against variations in streaming speed.

    Niels Dybdahl

    Niels Dybdahl, Apr 16, 2004
  4. Skyhorse

    Skyhorse Guest

    Thank you very much
    I don't know where to seek for help hence I post here
    Thanks Gregg and Niels again

    "Niels Dybdahl" <-graphics.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:407fcb04$0$169$ ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    Skyhorse, Apr 16, 2004
  5. This question is off topic in this newsgroup.

    A larger buffer in the streaming application will improve performance
    as there will be less impact of the delay variations in the network.

    Sandeep
    --
    http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
    EventStudio 2.0 - System Architecture Design CASE Tool

    EventHelix.com, Apr 16, 2004