BufferedImage problem

ajay.ravichandran

Hi

I have a small problem that i am unable to solve. I have quantized a
jpg image and reduced the number of colors. It is currently as a
BufferedImage object. Now i want to save this quantized image as a jpg
file. I am using ImageIO api available in java, and i am successful
with that. But when i decide to read this jpg file and compare it with
the quantized BufferedImage object, i am not able to retain the
original quantized rgb values. Does anyone have any suggestions how i
could retain the original values and also why the original values are
not being retained. I dont want to have the image in any other format
like gif or png. Is it possible to do this using jpg itself
Thanks

Ajay

Ann

Hi

I have a small problem that i am unable to solve. I have quantized a
jpg image and reduced the number of colors. It is currently as a
BufferedImage object. Now i want to save this quantized image as a jpg
file. I am using ImageIO api available in java, and i am successful
with that. But when i decide to read this jpg file and compare it with
the quantized BufferedImage object, i am not able to retain the
original quantized rgb values. Does anyone have any suggestions how i
could retain the original values and also why the original values are
not being retained. I dont want to have the image in any other format
like gif or png. Is it possible to do this using jpg itself
Thanks

Ajay

So you 1) reduced the number of colors and 2) not able to retain the
original quantized rgb values.