    raghu Guest

    what is the default buffersize of a bufferclass?

    thanks in advance
    raghu, Dec 18, 2005

  2. raghu

    Malte Guest

    raghu wrote:
    > what is the default buffersize of a bufferclass?
    >

    > thanks in advance

    Didn't your course come with a textbook?
    Malte, Dec 18, 2005

  3. raghu

    Chris Smith Guest

    raghu <> wrote:
    > what is the default buffersize of a bufferclass?

    Your question doesn't make sense. What do you mean by "bufferclass"?
    There is no such commonly used term in Java.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Dec 18, 2005
  4. raghu

    Guest

    Chris Smith wrote:
    > raghu <> wrote:
    > > what is the default buffersize of a bufferclass?
    > >

    > Your question doesn't make sense. What do you mean by "bufferclass"?
    > There is no such commonly used term in Java.

    perhaps he was trying to ask about a 'default' number of bytes read
    when you do a
    bufferedReader.read(char[] cbuf,.............);
    , Dec 18, 2005
  5. raghu

    Chris Smith Guest

    <> wrote:
    > perhaps he was trying to ask about a 'default' number of bytes read
    > when you do a
    > bufferedReader.read(char[] cbuf,.............);

    In which case there is no default. The number of bytes read is the
    lesser of the number of bytes that are available without blocking (when
    that number is non-zero), and the size of the array.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Dec 18, 2005
  6. raghu

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:49:42 +0100, Malte
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >> what is the default buffersize of a bufferclass?

    I think what you meant is a BufferedInputStream or BufferedReader.

    If you don't specify the buffer size, you will get 8192.

    You can answer questions like this not covered in the Javadoc by
    looking in src.zip at the source code.

    look in BufferedReader for
    private static int defaultCharBufferSize = 8192;

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Dec 19, 2005
  7. raghu

    Guest

    Malte wrote:
    > raghu wrote:
    > > what is the default buffersize of a bufferclass?
    > >

    > > thanks in advance
    > >

    > Didn't your course come with a textbook?

    well if you think like that, then why don't/didn't you recommend a
    good textbook to him that has the answer?
    , Dec 19, 2005