    doing this with .NET 2005? Is it even possible to get it to work with
    the newer version of .NET?

    , Apr 27, 2007

  2. > The instructions contained in both these readme.txt files say that the
    > Tcl, Tk, and Tix projects must be built from the command line first,
    > using nmake.exe in conjunction with the corresponding makefile.vc for
    > each package. I can get this to work using .NET 2003, but not
    > with .NET 2005. Is there an updated set of instructions somewhere for
    > doing this with .NET 2005? Is it even possible to get it to work with
    > the newer version of .NET?

    I can't help with compiling Tcl - the recommended compiler for Tcl is
    still VC6, so VS 2005 might not be supported well (or not in the version
    that we ship with Python). You should ask on a Tcl mailing list for
    details.

    However, I'd like to take the opportunity to clarify terminology and
    naming: The product you are referring to is called "Microsoft Visual
    Studio", with versions being "Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003"
    and "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005". I.e. the .NET particle was only
    present with the 2003 release; the common abbreviation is "VS", not
    ".NET". Indeed "a newer version of .NET" would commonly refer to
    a version of the Microsoft .NET Framework (whose current version
    is 3.0).

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Apr 28, 2007