Building a menu 'on the fly'

Derk

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so here goes.

I am building a web site that Users have to sign on to, they will have a
Security Level. Depending on what Security level will determine what web
pages they can see.

What I want to initially do is when they log on and are verified, then
display a simple menu page with the pages they have authority to see. Its
this page I am not sure how to build.

Any pointers most welcome

Thanks

Derrick

Steven Burn

<%
If IsAllowed(strUser) Then
%>
<!--#include virtual="..\..\private\themenu.asp"-->
<%
else
%>
<!--#include virtual="..\..\private\the_simple_menu.asp"-->
<%
end if
%>

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Personal favourites

WebGrid - www.webgrid.co.uk
Freeware Arena - www.freewarearena.com
Freeware Home - www.freewarehome.com
Pricelessware - http://www.pricelessware.org
Practically Nerded - http://mvps.org/PracticallyNerded/
Bugs, Glitches n stuff - http://mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
Calendar of Updates - http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?&act=calendar

John Blessing

Derk said:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so here goes.

I am building a web site that Users have to sign on to, they will have a
Security Level. Depending on what Security level will determine what web
pages they can see.

What I want to initially do is when they log on and are verified, then
display a simple menu page with the pages they have authority to see. Its
this page I am not sure how to build.

Any pointers most welcome

Thanks

Derrick

Don't forget, you will also need appropriate security on the relevant pages
as there is nothing to stop them manually entering the url

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.