    they click on a button ADD

    Do someone know how this works? please let me know!

    Thanks for any help!

    Rene, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Rene

    mscir Guest

    Rene wrote:

    > Like to know if its possible to build a new row for a table in realtime when
    > they click on a button ADD
    >
    > Do someone know how this works? please let me know!
    >
    > Thanks for any help!

    Try this (google is your friend):

    Browser Support
    HTML Table Add Row has been tested and works in Internet Explorer 6,
    Netscape 6, and Mozilla 1.6.
    2004-09-29 - Also works in Firefox 1.0PR and Opera 7.54.
    This will not work in Netscape 4 and below or IE 5 and below.
    http://www.mredkj.com/tutorials/tableaddrow.html

    Mike

    mscir, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Rene

    Rene Guest

    thank you my frend!

    Rene, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Rene

    dorayme Guest

    > Like to know if its possible to build a new row for a table in realtime when
    > they click on a button ADD
    >
    > Do someone know how this works? please let me know!
    >
    > Thanks for any help!

    There's javascript... but here is a simple way without using anything so
    fancy: get hold of your html and make a copy of it. In this copy add the row
    you want (I am assuming you know beforehand what the extra row is). Call
    this html something like "name1.html" and simply link to it from the ADD
    button in "name.html"

    Oh, and don't forget to take the ADD button out (put a SUBTRACT one
    instead... ok, maybe call it "Simpler View"?) from name1.html

    dorayme

    dorayme, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Rene

    Richard Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:15:01 +0100 Rene wrote:

    > Like to know if its possible to build a new row for a table in realtime
    > when
    > they click on a button ADD

    > Do someone know how this works? please let me know!

    > Thanks for any help!

    The reply given to you was based on a javascript routine which is not HTML.
    One thing you can try though is, in a series of divisions, have a table of
    numerous rows already defined.
    Depending on where they are in the table building, you simply show the
    appropriate table, hide the others.
    No Javascript required.

    Richard, Feb 27, 2005
  6. Rene

    dorayme Guest

    >> Like to know if its possible to build a new row for a table in realtime when
    >> they click on a button ADD
    >>
    >> Do someone know how this works? please let me know!
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help!
    >>

    > There's javascript... but here is a simple way without using anything so
    > fancy: get hold of your html and make a copy of it. In this copy add the row
    > you want (I am assuming you know beforehand what the extra row is). Call
    > this html something like "name1.html" and simply link to it from the ADD
    > button in "name.html"
    >
    > Oh, and don't forget to take the ADD button out (put a SUBTRACT one
    > instead... ok, maybe call it "Simpler View"?) from name1.html
    >
    > dorayme

    I may have misunderstood this question. sorry...

    dorayme, Feb 27, 2005
  7. Richard wrote:

    <snip>
    > The reply given to you was based on a javascript routine which is not HTML.
    > One thing you can try though is, in a series of divisions, have a table of
    > numerous rows already defined.
    > Depending on where they are in the table building, you simply show the
    > appropriate table, hide the others.
    > No Javascript required.

    ??? And by what mechanism do your propose to display the hidden elements???

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 27, 2005
  8. Rene

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Jonathan N. Little scribbled in the mud:

    > Richard wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >> The reply given to you was based on a javascript routine which is not
    >> HTML. One thing you can try though is, in a series of divisions, have a
    >> table of numerous rows already defined.
    >> Depending on where they are in the table building, you simply show the
    >> appropriate table, hide the others.
    >> No Javascript required.
    >>

    > ??? And by what mechanism do your propose to display the hidden
    > elements???

    He covers them with bullshit. Works great. :)

    --
    D?

    Duende, Feb 27, 2005
  9. Rene

    Richard Guest

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:14:03 GMT Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Richard wrote:

    > <snip>
    >> The reply given to you was based on a javascript routine which is not
    >> HTML.
    >> One thing you can try though is, in a series of divisions, have a
    >> table of
    >> numerous rows already defined.
    >> Depending on where they are in the table building, you simply show the
    >> appropriate table, hide the others.
    >> No Javascript required.

    > ??? And by what mechanism do your propose to display the hidden
    > elements???

    Use of z-index is one way.

    Richard, Feb 27, 2005
  10. Rene

    Oli Filth Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:14:03 GMT Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >>Richard wrote:
    >>>The reply given to you was based on a javascript routine which is not
    >>>HTML.
    >>>One thing you can try though is, in a series of divisions, have a
    >>>table of
    >>>numerous rows already defined.
    >>>Depending on where they are in the table building, you simply show the
    >>>appropriate table, hide the others.
    >>>No Javascript required.

    >>??? And by what mechanism do your propose to display the hidden
    >>elements???

    > Use of z-index is one way.

    Controlled how?

    --