Building a new row of a table in realtime

Rene

Like to know if its possible to build a new row for a table in realtime when
they click on a button ADD

Do someone know how this works? please let me know!

Thanks for any help!

mscir

Rene said:
Like to know if its possible to build a new row for a table in realtime when
they click on a button ADD

Do someone know how this works? please let me know!

Thanks for any help!

Try this (google is your friend):

Browser Support
HTML Table Add Row has been tested and works in Internet Explorer 6,
Netscape 6, and Mozilla 1.6.
2004-09-29 - Also works in Firefox 1.0PR and Opera 7.54.
This will not work in Netscape 4 and below or IE 5 and below.
http://www.mredkj.com/tutorials/tableaddrow.html

Mike

dorayme

Like to know if its possible to build a new row for a table in realtime when
they click on a button ADD

Do someone know how this works? please let me know!

Thanks for any help!

There's javascript... but here is a simple way without using anything so
fancy: get hold of your html and make a copy of it. In this copy add the row
you want (I am assuming you know beforehand what the extra row is). Call
this html something like "name1.html" and simply link to it from the ADD
button in "name.html"

Oh, and don't forget to take the ADD button out (put a SUBTRACT one
instead... ok, maybe call it "Simpler View"?) from name1.html

dorayme

Richard

Like to know if its possible to build a new row for a table in realtime
when
they click on a button ADD
Do someone know how this works? please let me know!
Thanks for any help!

The reply given to you was based on a javascript routine which is not HTML.
One thing you can try though is, in a series of divisions, have a table of
numerous rows already defined.
Depending on where they are in the table building, you simply show the
appropriate table, hide the others.
No Javascript required.

dorayme

There's javascript... but here is a simple way without using anything so
fancy: get hold of your html and make a copy of it. In this copy add the row
you want (I am assuming you know beforehand what the extra row is). Call
this html something like "name1.html" and simply link to it from the ADD
button in "name.html"

Oh, and don't forget to take the ADD button out (put a SUBTRACT one
instead... ok, maybe call it "Simpler View"?) from name1.html

dorayme

I may have misunderstood this question. sorry...

Jonathan N. Little

Richard wrote:

The reply given to you was based on a javascript routine which is not HTML.
One thing you can try though is, in a series of divisions, have a table of
numerous rows already defined.
Depending on where they are in the table building, you simply show the
appropriate table, hide the others.
No Javascript required.
??? And by what mechanism do your propose to display the hidden elements???

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Jonathan N. Little scribbled in the mud:
Richard wrote:

??? And by what mechanism do your propose to display the hidden
elements???

He covers them with bullshit. Works great. :)