    Thanks in advance

    --
    Abs

    abs, Nov 13, 2003

  2. abs

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:50:09 +0100, abs <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >My question is, is possible to read and show
    >jpeg, gif, etc... files with the classes that come with j2se 1.4 ? Is
    >JAI or JIMI needed for these tasks ?

    Check out the code for WebCam at
    http://mindprod.com/products.html#WEBCAM. You can do this with just
    ordinary Image and drawImage

    see code for ImageViewer part of http://mindprod.com/products.html#BUS

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Nov 14, 2003

  3. "abs" <> wrote in message
    > I'm building a photo slideshow software with synchronized music. I've
    > done lots of server-side java but I'm new in the client area, so a
    > little help is needed. My question is, is possible to read and show
    > jpeg, gif, etc... files with the classes that come with j2se 1.4 ?

    Yep. My software project has an image slideshow,
    no extra packages required. (It is open source, but you
    need to get the source straight from the jar file,
    http://www.physci.org/PhySci.jar)

    You can check it out straight from the site, it is
    wrapped in JWS for easy install.

    It currently has a memory leak that I have not had
    time to track down (though I have a good idea where
    it is now) but it will get you started.

    > Is
    > JAI or JIMI needed for these tasks ?

    JIMI? Is that Hendrix or Page?

    > I'd like to do transitions with
    > effects (like in powerpoint files) between photos, too.

    You will probably find classes at Marco Schmidt's
    site for that.
    http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/java.html

    > Is possible to
    > read and play MP3 files in java with the j2se 1.4 classes ? A external
    > lib is necessary ?

    Not lib, package, the JMF. Unfortunately Java begins
    to get OS specific by that stage, there are different
    packages for different platforms.

    > Can you give me some advice or point me to a website
    > with useful information ?

    http://java.sun.com/ ..get the information straight
    from the horses mouth.

    HTH