    started? Is there another approach I can take in developing a solution? One
    big constraint is that we cannot buy any third party components at this time.
    I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you.
    Wannabe, Jan 15, 2008

  2. Wannabe

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    How about Outlook Web Access?

    http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/code/OWA/index.html

    Jeff Dillon, Jan 15, 2008

  3. Wannabe

    Wannabe Guest

    Thanks for the reply, but I failed to mention that the calendar needs to be
    embedded in our custom application. Any other thoughts?

    Wannabe, Jan 15, 2008
  4. Well, you can use outlook controls to view an existing Exchange calendar in
    the public folders. An outlook calendar control is an actual instance of
    outlook.exe and thus it will only work for users with exchange accounts, and
    it should behave just as the outlook calendar.

    Note that this isn't OWA, this is a Calendar control that is in a dll in the
    outlook folder on your machine. I think it is called outlctl.dll.

    Search for outlctl.dll on your machine and use that dll to get the controls
    into the control bar. You can then drag the control onto your page in design
    view to add it to your page. In html view, edit the <object> tag to specify
    which calendar in exchange it should default to.

    Note the following. Last time I did this was with outlook 2000, 2003 with
    exchange 2000. I did use dhtml to change the view on the client side but the
    default view (weekly, monthly, daily) defaults to your local outlook calendar
    view, you can however provide buttons on the page to change the view using
    DHTML or JScript.

    This should do the job but it has its problems, unless MS enhanced it in the
    newer versions of outlook, I know some functionality were dropped out of
    outlctl.dll in outlook 2003 due to security. Hopefully you have better luck
    than I did with this.

    --
    Mohamad Elarabi
    MCP, MCTS, MCPD.